Patient leaflets are a great way to keep your patients up-to-date on medical advances and treatments. Many online resources provide patient leaflets for free or at a low cost. These online resources can be accessed from any computer, tablet, or smartphone with internet access. This article will explore the importance of these leaflets and tips for understanding what they contain.
It is often seen that the medicine leaflets that come along with many medicines are thrown into dustbins— no matter how important they might be. Additionally, patients find these paper slips difficult to store and manage. This is where digitising these leaflets can ease things for patients. Here are some points that have made digital leaflets need of the hour. Their simple management and storage facility is revolutionising the communication between healthcare bodies and patients.
1. Digital patient information leaflets are easier to update and share across different health care professionals
2. Patients can access their records from any device, including a phone or tablet
3. It is more cost-effective to create one digital leaflet rather than printing multiple paper copies
4. It is easy for patients to take notes in the margins of the digital leaflet and save them for future reference
5. You have instant access to your files without having to go through the lengthy process of filing paperwork
6. Digital leaflets make it easier for patients with low literacy levels or who don't speak English as their first language
More and more healthcare bodies are making use of digital platforms like CollaboratED to host these leaflets in form of Pdf files. The sender can transmit these files by keeping the identity hidden, thereby abstracting unnecessary things and providing only what is relevant. Managing and storing this important information has never been this easier until the data was digitised.